Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

EvaDemonia
My Device: Blackberry torch

Device setting PIN

Dear all,

I updated my Blackbery Torch this morning, after it reset, I got 3 messages in my email.

When you click on the messages is ask you "Add new device setting?" and when you click "yes", a new question pop up:

The new settings are secured with a PIN that should have been provided to you. Please enter the PIN:

Who should have provided me this PIN and where do i get it?

Thanks.

Eva

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Device setting PIN

Unless it's a PIN assigned to you by your carrier, it's probably the device PIN you want.

From your homescreen, go to Options>Device>Device Status and Information.  You'll see your PIN listed there.

Let me know if that's what is being asked of you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
ivy-blues
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

me too. i updated my BB bold. i received a wap push message asking me if i wanted to add the new devise setting. i clicked add, then it asked me for a pin "that should have been provided to me"

by whom? and was it supposed to be sent through text or email or what?

prasad9000
My Device: blackberry 9000

i input that pin but the alphabets are not getting typed so there is any other pin