Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dladyx
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Device update 6.0 Bundle 2647 Blackberry Torch 9800

There's no downgrade option after I check for update, it only shows no update available.
Contributor
JustChas

I initially tried to update my device using Desktop Manager but because of the Handheld App Loader error, I tried to find a solution online by reviewing different posts on Blackberry Forum, Crackberry, AT&T, and RIM.  That's how I found out I could do it on the device. The first time I tried the Software Update on the device, it said my device was "up to date" too.  I tried a few days later and an update was available.

I only bought my Torch 9800 last week but from all the websites, it was my understanding that I needed to do two things: download Desktop Manager to transfer everything from my old device (Curve 8520) to my new device (Torch) and check my device to update the Device Manager. That's where the trouble all started. 

It used to be so simple...  Just insert the CD after purchase and conncect the phone to your computer. Now, the CD that comes in the device box just forwards you to the website to download what you need. Transferring data from my prior Curve 8330 to the Curve 8520 was a piece of cake. I feel like I need to be techno savvy to transfer to the Torch. Help!!

Contributor
fastrack23
My Device: blackberry Torch 9800

Transferring the back up data should be easy enough. U just go to restore I believe and select the data to your new torch. I did it. The problem I'm having as ure having to I suspect is I cannot sucessfully update to the new device update coz of this handheld application error and I don't think they have an answer to resolve it because u probably need the desktop manager to sort it and as we can't communicate with the desktop manager successfully then we can't fix anything
Contributor
JustChas

I downgraded mine back to ver. 6.0 Bundle 2342 this morning after upgrading it to ver. 6.0 2647 yesterday.  I've changed the settings so many times on my device I really can't remember what I did to get the "downgrade" option. Looking at my device under Software Updates, I have two options to choose from: Downgrade Successful - View Results and a Version: 6.0 Bundle 2547 - Perform Update.

I removed two applications prior to performing the downgrade. Under Application Management, I removed files associated with backup data partially transferred from my previous device. My emails worked again but now BB Instant Messenger is gone. Go figure.....

Contributor
fastrack23

U can download bb messenger from bb application world and if u haven't got that try google'ing and u can download it. Everytime I try to update device software via the phone it tells 'blackberry software is up to date' it lies!
Contributor
JustChas

If it could only be that easy.... I already tried reinstalling BB Instant Messenger through BB App World and received the following error: Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error

Yea, maybe I'll try googling it next.... It can't get more jacked up than it already is.... right?? lol

Contributor
fastrack23

I don't know I haven't had the problem, not yet anyone, u can download some aps from a blackberry site I think I'm not sure
SeveSanchez
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I installed the update this morning.  Now the font of my incoming email messages has been changed.  Even the font in the message notifications is different, and some of the notifications appear in black (practically invisible) font.  How can I change these back to when life was good?

Contributor
fastrack23

Well one way has to be downgrade to the previous version which should be available by running desktop manager and then selecting restore
New Contributor
Denims21

I am trying to update my Torch to 2647 but the download has stopped just over half way through and won't continue. How can I safely end the update and do it later?