Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

debduo
My Carrier: Telus

Digitzer broke on my Blackberry, screen won't work

Hi there,

Dropped the torch and had the digitizer replaced 3 times, and the screen still does not work. Just did a factory reset and that did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Digitzer broke on my Blackberry, screen won't work

So, the device has been dropped and damaged to the point that it no longer works. You've had the digitizer replaced and it's still broken from the drop. I'm not sure what we could do for you here. Have you taken it to someone who knows how to repair cell phones?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
debduo

Thanks for your reply, the device totally works except for the touch screen. The shop that replaced the digitizer could not figure out to get that to work, I can use the trackpad but that gets old quick especially after 2 months.
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

It's easy to damage the ribbon cables and/or not get them plugged in correctly. I would find another shop if you want the device repaired. Otherwise, it's time for a new device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
debduo

Thank you for your response. Maybe I will just keep using the trackpad until it drives me nuts and I need to replace my device.

Please use plain text.