Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Disapearing App after phone shutdown

[ Edited ]

Hey all :smileyhappy:

Here is the issue:

I have put the "Text Messenger" app (phone icon with bubble) into my Favorites folder. It shows up there, no problem. If I do a full shut off on my phone, the app will disapear from the Favorites folder on the Home page, but remain in my All -> Applications folder.

Before you suggest I check the "Hide", "Show all", I have had a BB for many years, and am very aware of this feature. It is not Hidden in any way.

Cheers,

RP

EDIT: I have tried rebooting from scratch by taking out the battery. The icon still disappears. :smileysad:

New Contributor

Re: Disapearing App after phone shutdown

No one has a solution? :smileysad:

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

I have the same problem and I think it's a OS fault that will have to be addressed in a later release. I 'mark as favourite' the Text Msgs icon and it appears in Favourites. I 'move' it to the location I want it to appear in within the favourites section. Everything's fine for an hour or two, sometimes longer, and then suddenly it's gone and can only be found in the 'All' section. It's annoying!

The fault only applies to the 'Text Msgs' icon. Any other icon that I have marked as a 'Favourite' remains in the favourites section and in the position I assigned to it.

New Contributor

Yes, this is exactly my issue!

Who do we contact to report this problem? I tried to email the help line, but got a standard message saying I should look at the handbook and forums! :smileysurprised:

Contributor

Couldn't tell u! I think we just have to hope that BB monitors their own forums and will fix the bug in the next SW release of the OS.
Contributor

Hasn't happened for a few days! Don't know about you, but after maybe the 50th time of marking text messages as a favourite, it's remained in favourites for a few days now! Pretty strange.

New Contributor

I guess I'll have to keep adding it then! :smileyhappy:

Contributor

I hope that works for you. It's been more than a week now, and it's still there ... :smileyhappy: