Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
cdaves12
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Distinguishing Personal vs.. Work Emails

I have all of my emails going into the messages icon on my new Blackberry Torch.  I was told that there was a way you could distinguish between between which email is which inside the messages icon.  Is this true?  This person told me thought there was a way to watermark an email based on which account (Personal or Work) the email came to. 

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

CD

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Distinguishing Personal vs.. Work Emails

Hello and welcome to the forums!

The main Messages folder is the central repository for ALL e-mails that come to your device.  If you choose to receive them this way, then I don't believe there is a way to differentiate them.

This is why I choose to use the separate icons for each e-mail account I have on my device, hiding the main messages folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Distinguishing Personal vs.. Work Emails

You can also choose to show each email folder seperately without hiding the main Messages folder (the main Messages folder can be handy to see a list of all messages, and can provide a shortcut to access specific messages in an app).

If you cannot see each seperate folder, then press the BB Menu button and from the menu, select Show All.  You should then be able to see each email folder seperately.  Highlight the email folder, press the BB Menu button and click on Hide to remove the checkmark.  Do this for all email accounts, then you can go back and remove the Show All checkmark to only see the items that you do not want hidden.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.