Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
robinbbb
My Device: Torch 9800

Documents to Go Premium

Can anyone please give me a definitive statement as to what is going on with Dataviz and Documents to Go Premium?

By way of background, I have a paid-for registration, that originally applied to my Bold.  That all worked OK and I can see the registration on the Dataviz web site and my Torch softare shows registered OK.

My problems are:

* It appears that there is no support at all for the product from Dataviz.  Their new support policy refers us to Blackberry.  Posting on the Dataviz support area is now locked - the area is dead.  There is no email access to Dataviz support and no way of raising tickets.

*  My Torch has a registered version of Documents to Go.  The version is 2.0005.  But I keep geeting a prompt asking me to UPGRADE to version 2.004!website.

*  Word to Go says that my device is a Bold (or sometimes a Storm 9500)

*  Word to Go 'request update' says 'We could not determine if an update exists for your software.  Please contact Datavix for assistance'.  How stupid is this, where there appears to be no way at all to contact Dataviz?

*  There is a bug in the charting for Sheet to Go - I reported this to Dataviz over a year ago but still have no response form them and have no way of chasing the matter.

What a shambles!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Documents to Go Premium

DocumentsToGo is now supported by RIM, which occurred at some point after its takeover of DocumentsToGo.

For support, call your sevice provider... your carrier. Explain your issue and that you need this escalated to a RIM level tech support. If they say no, try again.

That's the process.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
robinbbb

Thanks for the book answer.  But my carrier has absolutely zilch interest in such non-carrier-related matters.

JSanders

Who is your carrier?

And, have you asked and pressed them to escalate this to RIM level tech support?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

Who is your carrier?

And, have you asked and pressed them to escalate this to RIM level tech support?

And, while I detect (and detest) the slight bit of sarcasm in your "book answer" comment... it wasn't.

For starters, it was my answer, from personal knowledge, no book involved (I don't work for RIM, I don't read their books nor training guides).

If it was a "book answer" you would have found the answer already and had no need to ask your question--

robinbbb wrote:

Can anyone please give me a definitive statement as to what is going on with Dataviz and Documents to Go Premium?

And that's the only question you asked.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
robinbbb

Sorry - this has gone on so long, I am grumpy!

Vodafone Australia.  After spending many hours on the phone, they don't see why I am ringing them because the problem has notihing to do with Vodafone or BIS.