12-07-2012 05:41 PM
I have spent 2 days setting up the 9800 a friend gave me when they upgraded but now I find I need to install the Tasks app (I have literally hundreds in Outlook that I used to sync with my old Windows Mobile). I believe I need the disk to do that via the Blackberry Desktop when the device is connected. But my friend chucked all the box and the disk months ago so I don't have it.
I have looked everywhere online and even the BB web site offers a software download but none of the apps files are included (despite the description suggesting they are).
Is there anywhere that I can download just the Tasks app for v 184.108.40.206?
Thanks in anticipation,
Andy the newbie
12-07-2012 06:35 PM - edited 12-07-2012 06:35 PM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire (which contains all of the "core" apps, of which the one you are seeking is a member):
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...inside of the AppLoader section, there should be the ability to now install the missing apps and/or manage the various apps installed.
Don't forget to backup.
Good luck and let us know!