Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
keeflester
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Duplicate contact lists

I have ended up with four duplicated contact lists on my gmail account. Whenever i select contacts it displays four identical entries for each of my contacts. If i select one list to use, it just displays a single entry for each contact, but as soon as I close and reopen contacts it defaults to using all lists. Is there any simple way to delete the duplicate contact lists and solve this problem Bb 9800, os 6, latest version, vodafone UK
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780

Re: Duplicate contact lists

Hi keeflester,

First of all check how many entries are in each contact list....!! For this Go to contacts > Press Menu (BB key) > Option > Under Contact List click on each contact list and check how many entries are available in each one..

Further connect your device with PC using BlackBerry Desktop manager via a USB chord.

Now on BDM click Click on Device > Delete Data > Selected Data > Now select 3 Address book out of four and click on delete..!!

This is quite simple and easy way to overcome from contact duplicacy...!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
keeflester

Not much help. I now have four empty contact lists,  and no contacts.  Google sync keeps failing, so now I have lost all my contacts.  Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Google sync dropped support

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716936

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
keeflester

Thanks for the link. It didn't help me get rid of the empty contact lists, they are still there. I ran gmail on my computer and all my contacts suddenly reappeared on my phone, but not in any of the four lists. I wish I understood what has happened, but at least it's a result. Lol

Please use plain text.