10-08-2012 12:43 PM
I have recently acquired a Blackberry Torch 9800 from someone. Everything seems to be working great except my e-mail. The device recognizes my e-mail address but when I try to activate it, it tells me "Sorry unable to continue with your session. Please log in again". I thought maybe if I could delete it and start over, that might work. I've tried using the command key on the e-mail icon, but it does not bring up the option to delete. I've tried restarting the phone a couple of times, but nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions???? This is very frustrating.
10-08-2012 12:50 PM
dgreen7, welcome to the community support forums.
Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code