Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

E-mail Icon being Houdini

when i first got the 9800, i set up my email accounts (2) and was sending and receiving emails, but my blackberry email icon was nowhere to be found.  then magically it appears for a few days and all was peachy.  now today, poof, it disappeared again.  my pop3 account email icon is still there along side the text message icon.  the blackberry email icon used to be located between the two whenever it decides it wants to show up.

is anyone else experiencing this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: E-mail Icon being Houdini

the email icon for my blackberry email is still missing.  i can compose and receive email from the account, but no icon is on the home screen though.  oh where, oh where has my icon gone?  oh where, oh where can he be?

My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

My issue has to do with the desktop mail icon. My desktop mail icon didn't disappear, it multiplied. After setting up my two email accounts, my desktop email icon went from one icon to four icons. I tried to hide one of the four icons, but it hid all of them. So, I pulled the battery and that didn't help. So, I connected my Torch to my workstation, and the multiple icons mysteriously disappear. However, in the applications folder, I have two new icons, one is saved mail icon and a compose mail icon. Those did not go away when I connected the Torch to my workstation, so I hid those icons.

I'm looking forward to the 6.0.0.246 release. I will say my first impression of the Torch is not good. It has been buggy ever since I fired it up and did the Enterprise Activation. I'm glad I have a 30 day trial period on this one, because in about two weeks of testing with the torch, I will be sending it back for a 9700.

Trusted Contributor

Your issue appears to be a variation of my same issue. I sure hope Blackberry is working on this to be fixed in the next release.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I don't have as many email accounts as you do but when you set up an account to send email to your unit, it will create an icon for that account. You have to hide them individually unless, for some reason, you want to see and use them individually.

Trusted Contributor

i was expecting the O/S update today to fix the problem, but i was sadly disappointed that it did not.

so i am sitting here defeated, then said to myself, hmmm Don, maybe you should check to see if the icon is possilby hidden.  so i did a "Show All" and flippin' lo and behold the dang icon was hidden.  but waaaaaaait.  i had never hidden it in the first place.  as i mentioned before, the icon was appearing and disappearing on it's own accord. 

so lets say if i would have inadvertently hidden the icon, how could it have been randomly unhiding itself then?  i feel something amiss was going on but it's probably fixed in the O/S update.  :smileyindifferent: