Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Appleblossom88
My Device: Torch 9800

E-mail accounts cannot connect to server?

I've just recently upgraded to a Torch and I want to connect my e-mail account to my Blackberry.

I try going into Setup then to E-mail accounts but this message always appears

"Your device had a problem connecting to the server".

Is there any way I can solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: E-mail accounts cannot connect to server?

[ Edited ]

what email is it,yahoo,msn,hotmail or other.

i found major problems setting up my .co.uk accounts with fail each time. in the end i had to setup a new account with .com and forward all my emails to it and it worked first time.

edit. also did your phone provider set up email access for you.think it has to be activated before you can set them up in setup.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Appleblossom88
My Device: Torch 9800

I don't even have a chance to put in my own e-mail address so it might not be that problem.

If I just click on E-mail Settings it says it can't connect and nothing appears.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)
My Carrier: Vodafone

try a battery pull while the phone is still on. the amount of things that this cures is a little worrying but if it solves the problem then we can add it to the list.

might be worth giving your phone providers help centre a call to make sure it has been activated at their end.

how may mb for surfing do you get a month.

i ask this as i used to be on a low tariff of £10 a month and if wanted to stay on that tariff i would get 100 minutes for calls but no included megabytes for surfing so wouldnt be able to use almost all the apps including emails.

Please use plain text.