Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

Email Options will not open

Hi All

Hoping someone can help - I have seen similar issues posted on the web elsewhere but no solutions and it is driving me mad!

Currently my emails are fine and behaving as they should - the problem I have is when I am in the email (Messages) folder and open up the menu the "Options" selection is available but when selected nothing happens. Previously it had worked OK just more recently the issue has occurred for no reason I can particularly specify.

Consequently I cannot change any of my email settings (Signature, views etc) which is getting inconvenient now! Any advice is appreciated - I am using a work enterprise (BES) activated phone and have tried usual tricks i.e. Battery removal, software updates etc. Thanks.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Email Options will not open

I have the exact same problem, for the last 10 hours. I changed the password for one of my e-mail accounts and cannot edit password on my device now. Someone pls help.

My Device: torch
My Carrier: at&t

I have the exact same issue on a new torch with AT&T. Email Options are not doing anything, nor is the internet email set up application. I have set up personal email from the BIS on AT&T's site and that worked fine but I cannot go anywhere by clicking the internet email set-up option. Thus I cannot go into the security option for Yahoo email to sync the address book because I cannot get there.  

In Messages, Options does nothing. I can see the menu choice for Options but it won't open....

I posted this in another forum too but no reply from support for over 3 weeks now....

Frustrating.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Have experienced similar problem. If I go into email settings my device just freezes and I have to take the battery out to reset it. The desktop software doesn't work either. Although I try and download version 6.0 it downloads version 6.1 which doesn't work at all.
fireball
New Contributor
My Carrier: AIRTEL

Hi,

I can say exactly the same issue, have you been able to fix it or have you found an answer on another forum?

Thx for your answers

New Contributor

Hi,

Exactly the same problem...*I happened after an upgrade which failed and now I can not access my options!

Frustrating!

New Contributor

Hi again,

I have fixed the problem upgrading my software version (available on RIM website http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp). The issue would be with the activation of the internet services application.

I hope it will help you!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: ATT

The same thing has been going on with my phone since updating the software at the beginning of the week. I called ATT last night and was told to do a master reset, then reload the software. I was on the phone an hour and that still did not fix the issue. I was then told it was a problem with my phone, she said she could not find the warranty on my device and I was then transferred to Asurion to pay 125.00 for a new device.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: ATT

This is what worked for  me: I connected it to the blackberry desktop manager, went under applications, clicked the x to remove email setup, once it was removed I disconnected my blackberry went back to the email accounts icon on the phone and then I got a message stating I needed to update the email application. After running the email update, I was able to sign in to my email accounts from the phone.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks mb2002 - after what seems like a straight 24 hours of searching this one simple process was all it took!  I am sure I changed my e-mail password before and did not have this issue.  I use a gmail account and one of the techs in the office said he thinks gmail is now Enterprise - anyway, I will think twice before updating the password again - unless maybe I do it from the BB handheld.  Thanks again mb2002