Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
balubadan
My Device: Torch 9800

Email accounts not displayed on device setup page

Hi,

I am using a bb 9800 handset and my OS is 6.0 Bundle 3155 (v6.0.0.747) which I updated by downloading the BB os software and updated using the desktop manager software.

I am based in India .

I am not able to see my 6 email accounts in the 'Setup' and further 'Email Accounts'.

When selected it shows only the 'Enterprise Account', and I have not configured any Enterprise account.

Can anyone help me in the above problem?.

Thanks in Advance,

B.D.Badan 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Email accounts not displayed on device setup page

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

After any updates (or simply when email things go wrongly), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then should contact your mobile service provider for formal support. Hopefully your BB did not require some "tricks" when it was first enabled on your carrier...for if so, those "tricks" (whatever they were...I've no idea) may well have been wiped out by the update, and need to be done again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
balubadan

Thanks for your reply sdgardne. Please be informed that I am able to receive all my mails. But only problem is I am not able to view the mail accounts in the setup and email accounts section of the device.

How do I get to view the email accounts.

Thanks in Advance for your reply.

B.D.Badan

Please use plain text.
Contributor
balubadan

Thanks for your reply sdgardne. Please be informed that I am able to receive all my mails. But only problem is I am not able to view the mail accounts in the setup and email accounts section of the device.

How do I get to view the email accounts.

Thanks in Advance for your reply.

B.D.Badan

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, let me understand...your email is actually working just fine..you can send, receive, etc. with no problems. It's just that you can't see them in the email setup application?

So, please describe exactly what you do see...please go step by step, starting from the BB Homescreen, of all steps you attempt and the exact result of each step. Please be very descriptive...for example, from "not able to view...", I cannot tell exactly what step in the process you are not succeeding at. If there are any error messages presented during the process, the exact and complete content of those would be most helpful indeed.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
balubadan

[ Edited ]

Hi sdgardne,

Sorry as I was travelling.

Yes , you are correct. I am able to receive all my 6 emails without any problem.

But when I click on the icon 'Setup' and further click on the 'Email Accounts (6)' i should get the screen which shows all my email accounts. But instead I get the following on the screen

'Select the type of email account type:

Enterprise Account

Set up a work email account to use with your organization's Blackberry Enterprise Server.

But we do not have any Blackberry Enterprise Server in our organisation and I am the only one using the Blackberry handset.

While I have seen previously all my email accounts icon as below,

*********@yahoo.com

*********@gmail.com

etc..

Hope it is clear to you now. Can I get a solution ?.

Thanks in Advance.

B.D.Badan

Edit: At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Something has gone wrong...you should also see Personal or Internet along with Enterprise on that screen.

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In step 2, I've intentionally left off this (done first, before sending the SBs):

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion

But, if the above does not work, then you may need to do that as well...just bear in mind that doing so may actually stop your email accounts from functioning until the rest can be successful.

Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.