Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Device: 9800

Email adding "update Failed" re-sim'd ATT to O2

Hi All -

Hopefully someone here can help out.

I  just came to the UK from the US and bought an O2 sim and bb bolt on. I was using AT&T. I have an original Torch 9800 and am running OS6 at what it thinks is the latest package 2647, platform 6.6.0.223.

Everything converted well except I cannot add my imap emails. The emails are through GoDaddy using my website as the address. All worked fine in the US on AT&T.

When I try to add them I adventually get "Update Failed"

I have done all the requisite rebooting and service book flushes multiple times.

I cannot even get to the BIS website to try it there as it claims not to recognize HTML, which I guess is a 'feature' of using OS6. It tells me to use the phone, but of course that is not working.

My guess is that BIS has those addresses bound to the old PIN, but I can't figure out how to effect BIS in anyway.

Any help appreciated

Regular Contributor
monkeno
My Device: 9800

Re: Email adding "update Failed" re-sim'd ATT to O2

In case this is helpful for anyone else I will answer my own question.

Even though the O2 BIS site gave the HTML error and it is documented that OS6 and 7 no longer allow you to use it, it is not true.

The menus are changed so I cannot give specific instructions, but if you go 'setup' 'email' then push the blackberry menu button, you will find a selection (sorry you will have to try them because I cant remember) that allows you to set up a user name and password. Once this is done you have to log in every time even on the bb and they have a warning to accept.

Once I created the log-in I was able to go online and create the accounts using the advanced settings.

Good luck to all.