Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Tary
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: Bell

Email issues! Please help

Hiii,

Ok so a few months ago my emails were happily coming to my phone. I updated my OS to the latest one available for my 9800 Torch. After the update I noticed that my emails hadn't been coming through to my phone anymore. I checked the setup options, looked through all the help options and there was nothing that could solve my issue. When I go into setup and then into email, I have the option of enterprise email or internet email (personal email?) when I try click the internet email option it just takes me back to the first screen. I have tried to downgrade my software and then reload the new software, I have also attempted to delete the service book. But there is no option for me to resend the service books for hotmail because I can't even setup my email! This seems to be a revolving nightmare. Also when I do upgrade/downgrade my OS it says error on my screen during the reboot stages and tells me to go to blackberry,com. So here I am!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email issues! Please help

Hello,

Tary wrote:

When I go into setup and then into email, I have the option of enterprise email or internet email (personal email?) 

Yes, they changed the name of things in the newer OS levels.

Tary wrote:

when I try click the internet email option it just takes me back to the first screen.

Hmmm..."first screen"...do you mean the one with Enterprise and Internet as the selections?

Tary wrote:

But there is no option for me to resend the service books for hotmail because I can't even setup my email! 

You actually don't send SBs for individual email accounts...rather, they are sent for all configured email accounts. But, the selection, in the on-device wizard, is after getting into Internet Email accounts, which you cannot get to.

Tary wrote:

Also when I do upgrade/downgrade my OS it says error on my screen during the reboot stages and tells me to go to blackberry,com. So here I am!

Hmmm..."error"...hmmm...from that brief description, there simply are too many possibilities to make for any meaningful guesses, so more detail for that would be required to provide you with anything useful. The complete and exact error message would be most helpful.

In any event, I can't tell, from what you've said, what BB OS level you are running, but perhaps this KB would be useful:

• KB26055 BlackBerry smartphone is unable to access the Email Setup Application after auto-updating

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In addition to the above from sdgardne:

Please try this, using your BlackBerry browser...
1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,880
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.