Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

fionalw
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Email no longer synching

I have the Torch 9800 and I have had my email from work funtioning well on it for two years.  I did an OS upgrade and email is no longer syncing.  My email downloads from the server, but if I delete it or file it on my desktop, it's not reflected on my BB.  So, my email is getting more full all the time.

I have uninstalled and then re set-up my email and it hasn't fixed the problem.  I have also verified that in the settings the "deleted items" box is checked.

My work/corporate email uses Zimbra.  And i am not on the BES.  I can't figure out why this has stopped working after two years.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email no longer synching

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the delayed reply!

Hopefully you already got this resolved, but just in case...

That's a rather tricky situation indeed...refer to this KB:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

That governs what should and should not work between your BB and your email server. All I can surmise in your situation is that, when you configured 2 years ago, your server met the criteria for deleted item synchronization from server to BB (e.g., it was IMAP). Now, for whatever reason, something changed and it no longer meets that criteria (e.g., it is now identified as part of HotMail or MSN). Doing the OS upgrade in effect re-configured things...as well as when you did the manual reconfiguration, and that's why the capabilities changed (old capabilities remain in effect until reconfiguration within BIS).

There also have been upgrades to BIS over the years...it's also possible that, when you configured 2 years ago, your email service did conform, but that BIS, in it's upgrades, has lost that ability for your email service. An end user continues to run on the version of BIS that they have until they remove all email configurations from BIS and re-create them...only then does the new BIS, with whatever capabilities it has, become active.

All in all, it's basically a guessing game here since no one here can have "insider" insight to anything authoritative. All in all, though, the capabilities are governed by that KB, so what is says is how things should function.

Note also delays...email delivery to the BB typically happens within 20 minutes of arrival into the mail server. But, other reconciliations do not have the same priority...they can take much longer (I've seen 24 hours and longer at times!), and are affected by a great many things (internet traffic, mail server traffic, BIS traffic, etc.).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.