Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Not Specified

Email notification ringtone

[ Edited ]

I searched for this but cannot find a message relating to it for the 9800.

In my Normal Profile, I have set the ringtone for the email notification to "Shimmer". However, when I receive an email it plays the "Alert" ringtone instead. I have tried the "Light Speed" notifier tone as well, but it still only uses the "Alert" tone.

Settings for the phone ringtone and SMS will use the ringtone that I set for it. I also have set individual ringtones for several contacts and those appear to work fine. Only the email ones do not work like it is supposed to.

Q. Anyone else find this problem? Has anyone else changed their email notification ringtone to something other than "Alert" and it play the ringtone that you selected?

Any help you be great. I have done a reboot. I have tried several ringtones, including those that are labeled as notifier tones, and I have tried to create a whole new profile, but nothing works.

Please lend me your thoughts.

C

Edit: Found that the email that is affected is the blackberry email. The regular att/bellsouth emails are ok. Go figure. I wonder why the internal one is the problem?