Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Daemoniac
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Email password issue

[ Edited ]

Hi

I just recently moved from my blackberry curve and now I'm using a torch 9800 and when I tried to enter in my password for my email [which it automatically recognized from my previous handset]

I keep getting session timeouts 'sorry, unable to continue your session. Please log in again' which is rather annoying, no matter how many times I have restarted and renter my password it continues giving me the same msg.

Please help :3

thanks

p.s sorry if this is a very common issue I have in all honesty not fully read all of the threads to see if someone else was having similar issues.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: Email password issue

Have you tried removing the e-mail account from your BlackBerry and adding it back in SetUp?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Daemoniac

[ Edited ]

Yup when i go setup > email accounts i only have one and its static, i can't highlight to change it or delete it and the only option i have is to enter in my password and 'activate' otherwise i just would have deleted it and started again. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni

Have you tried to edit the information on your carrier's BIS site?

http://www.blackberry.orange.co.uk/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Daemoniac

Yup i entered in the device's PIN and requested the password be sent to the phone and as of yet, nothing. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni

Call your carrier and ask them to reset your BIS login and password. I have tried to request my password before and it hardly ever works.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Daemoniac

[ Edited ]

called Orange and they reset everything, just a case of keeping my fingers crossed now and hoping :smileyvery-happy: so far I'm able to create another email account so if i continue to have trouble i will just delete and make another.

Thanks for the help :]

Please use plain text.