Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Yvonne11
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

Email preferances different after device software upgrade

Since the upgrade that I installed on my BB last weekend, my email program has been different. I have the display sort order preferences set to name (from), then subject. First, the name (from) is showing backwards, for example, "National Post" is showing as "Post, National", "Geographic, Canadian" or "Canada, Microsoft". The subject line is fine. Next thing I don't like is that name (from) line is in bold font.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email preferances different after device software upgrade

Go to options,typing languages,and click display language in there you can rearrange the display order.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yvonne11

Thank you very much! Odd spot to put the name display settings. That solves the most irritating of the two issues. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Ok go into options again and click on click on display then font. You can change from bold to regular or plain. Change actual font.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yvonne11

Yes, I looked at that too. It's currently on BBAlpha Sans 9 plain, with font smoothing, which is the easiest for me to read. It's odd that it's just the name field in my email that is bold. Maybe I will just have to accept it?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

That seems weird . Try Arial font plain.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yvonne11

Nope. Based on your suggestion, I also tried a combination of other fonts, sizes and style. I even turned the BB off, hoping it might reset somehow. But no change. 'Scratch head.'
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

That's really weird. You might call your provider and ask them to connect you too BB Tech support. Maybe there is some other setting I'm missing.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Yvonne11

Ok. Thanks very much for your help.
Please use plain text.