Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Pointella
My Device: Torch 9800

Email problems

Hi. My problem started with emails sticking and not being able to be deleted. So followed directions and deleted service books. After that I am unable to re-add my email address. I have gone into the email setup function. I get a screen for existing users. I have tried putting the email address that I want with the passwords. I get a reply stating it needs to be longer then 4 letters etc. if I try a typical user name I have it states I have a password. I have requested that it be sent to me. Nothing comes. I have tried using the pin on the phone with the same error message. I went to the biz site and had my password reset and sent to my email address. I have tried that password, but it doesn't work. So my question to you is what should I try now? My carrier has no idea.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Email problems

Many issues related to email setup have been resolved by going to www.blackberry.com/integrate from your phone's browser.  Since you've already been to Telus's BIS site, this might or might not work, but why not give it a try nonetheless?

If that gets you nowhere, have Telus reset your BIS (not your email password but rather your BlackBerry Internet Service).

Keep us posted on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.