Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
QBEE
My Device: BB TORCH

Email setup error on BB Torch 9800 HELP!!!

I have an unlocked, fully set up Torch. I have Wi-fi enabled, UMA enabled, am able to make calls, text, and use the browser.

However, when I go to Setup to set up my Yahoo email, it gives me an error:

The application has encountered an error and cannot continue.

That's it, and then a button to click OK that takes me back to the Setup screen.

Any ideas?? I updated my servicebooks directly from my Pearl where my email was working fine.

Super Contributor
Spy520
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Email setup error on BB Torch 9800 HELP!!!

Please make sure your Yahoo! Mail is a PLUS account (paid account not a free one) otherwise it will never work.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A normal free Yahoo account will work on BlackBerry.

If you have moved from the Pearl to the new Torch, please make sure the blackberry account (BIS) with your service provider has the new Torch registered. You can login to your account and use the "Change Device"  link and enter the IMEI and PIN yourself.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bbunlocker
My Device: 9000

If you're trying to use your yahoo address using the BlackBerry device software that comes preinstalled,  try logging into your BIS server on your computer.  You can find this through a Google search I'm sure by typing

BIS server for "Name of your Network Carrier"

If you still cannot find it, call your service provider and I'm sure they can direct you to the appropriate website with the proper login credentials.