Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch

Email setup problems

Hi, I just purchased the Torch unlocked. I can't set up my email accounts. I'm using Tmobile and they seem to be no help either. I'm starting to hate that I spent almost $500 for this phone. Can someone offer some assistance. I'm not using the BB Internet Service. Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Email setup problems

Hello and welcome to the forums!

When yousay you're not using the BB Internet Service, what does that mean?  You haven't purchased a data plan for the device?  You will not be able to set up or use e-mail accounts on your device without a data plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Yes I do have a data plan. Tmobile.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Okay, so you DO have a BlackBerry Data Plan, along with your T-Mobile voice plan?

If so, what about the BIS?  You said you aren't using that, so you must be trying to set up e-mails on the device?

Let's make sure you have a data plan before we go any further.  That would be in ADDITION to your voice plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

As Boomer56 mentioned, make sure it's a BLACKBERRY data plan.  If you have a BB data plan and you're trying to set up a personal email address, the prompts should be showing up on your screen.  If they're not, you either don't have an adequate data plan or you're on BES, which you said is not the case.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

As Boomer56 and  BillJ mentioned you need to subscribe for BlackBerry data plan for setting up your device with email ID. This BlackBerry data plan is different from usual Internet data plan.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks alot guys. However, I set up directly through Tmobile. It was easy as 123. Thanks.