Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
umuran
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

Emaill Issues help!!

Hi

When I delete emails off of my outlook account, for some reason the Torch or server thinks it is a new email. So when an actual new email comes into my email account, I also receive about 10 emails that I just deleted off my computer.

I have been on the phone with my service provider 5x and on the phone with RIM for 1.5. They have done everything you can think of, software update, system wipe, removal of hotmail address and readding, changing setting, you name it, it has been done.

I thought the issue was resolved but againt today I was deleting emails off my laptop & once a new email comes into my email. My blackberry again picks up the new email but also considers the ones I just deleted as new as well and they all pile into my inbox on my blackberry (not my computer)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Emaill Issues help!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please clarify (because of what you said at the beginning)...these "phantom" new items appear both on your BB as well on the Hotmail (Outlook.com) webmail interface? Please check carefully, and look at their webmail interface directly please. If so, then the problem is not likely your BB, but rather something with your Hotmail account and/or your desktop email client.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
umuran

Hi

To Clarify

When I am on my laptop, I started to manually delete older emails from my hotmail account.  These emails no longer exist on my hotmail once they are deleted.

BUT what happens is that my BB thinks those emails are new, so when an actual new email comes into my hotmail account, the "deleted emails" attach to the new ones. Even though they do not exist on my hotmail account any longer...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

From what interface are you performing the deletion? Hotmail webmail? Outlook client? Something else???

And, further, at the point when the BB thinks they are new, are you checking the Hotmail webmail to see that they are not there? Or just your local client (Outlook, etc.)?

These subtleties are critical to understanding your situation, so please be specific and, if you don't understand quite what I am asking, please request clarification of the question. It makes a huge difference if you are, when you say "on my laptop", talking about Hotmail webmail versus (e.g.) the Outlook client on your computer.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
umuran

I go to the internet  hotmail webmail and open my emails from the hotmail webpage. I

I delete them off the hotmail account & they are no longer there but the BB thinks the emails that I deleted are new.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...thank you...that helps...so ALL of your interactions with Hotmail are via their webmail interface, and NO use of the Outlook client is involved. Thank you.

OK...so let me lay out again the sequence...tell me if I've got it:

1. You receive an email to your hotmail address, and it arrives both to the hotmail webmail interface as well as the BB.
  2. Via the hotmail webmail interface, you delete that item, and it is also properly removed from the BB
  3. When you next receive a new email, that one item properly shows up in your hotmail webmail interface as well as on your BB
  4. But, in addition, on the BB (only the BB), you also receive the item you deleted in step 2 above, and that shows up on your BB (only the BB) as a brand new item.

And this holds true if you delete one or multiple items in step 2...in step 4, all that you've recently deleted return to your BB (only your BB) as new items. Is all of that correct?

If so, the items in this KB might be useful:

• KB13528 Duplicate e-mail messages are received on the BlackBerry smartphone

They might not be, but you never know.

Can you also check, via your Hotmail webmail interface, if these items are in it's "Trash" bin? And, when you empty that trash bin, do the items that were in the Trash stop returning to the BB? It may be that the Trash bin items are, for some reason, being interpreted as "new"...

Thanks and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.