Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Orshy
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Emails in outlook keep multiplying on my BB Torch

Can someone help with the following isssue: my emails managed in Outlook keep reappearing on my mobile device whenever I reopen them or even if only browsing through my Inbox on PC....

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Emails in outlook keep multiplying on my BB Torch

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are actually many different possible causes to this situation, depending on your specific situation (e.g., Outlook configuration, email service provider, etc.). Your best research source will I think be the public KB database, which you can find here:

Search there with various search phrases (e.g., "duplicate messages") and see if any of the resulting articles are on point to your specific circumstances.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Orshy
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Hi!

Thank you for your kind help.

The solution seems to be KB03133, meaning that I have to re-associate the Microsoft Exchange account with the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. Before I try that, could you give me a hint, what will happen to my email history? Will I be able to access older emails, or all will be deleted from the device?

Cheers,

Orshy

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, that's quite an interesting result...I never would have found, from the problem as you described it, that particular KB as a solution. But, for whatever reason, you believe it to be your best approach.

As such, nothing on your server will be affected. Depending on how you conduct the activities on the device, you may well lose the history on it. BIS has always been intended to provide on-device access to messages starting at the point of activation...history doesn't come from the server to the device.

But, since you are intending (I think) to remove and re-associate your OWA account, it's actually possible that the history will remain for you on the device. When you remove an account from BIS, the Messages database on the device isn't actually touched...so, re-associating the same account might just allow those historical messages, still contained in the Messages database, to be visible to you once you've completed the process.

No guarantees...if it were me, I'd plan on no history being visible to me on the device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code