If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
phumz000
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: vodacom
Accepted Solution

Emails marked red from "HACKERS"

[ Edited ]

I have a Torch 9800 and I received about 246 messages a space of 5min. The messages were marked in red with a title "HACKERS" from <removed>. The message was very chicky written "your phone has been hacked, enjoy while we hacking your phone". Should I be worried about any of my info being exposed and utilised? How protected is my data? How can I prevent this from happening again?

EDIT: Personal Information such as PIN is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Emails marked red from "HACKERS"

While exceptionally annoying with that quantity, the red message and the pin number would indicate it is a pin message rather than an email from a hacker. Have you posted your pin anywhere?

As long as you have not installed anything suspicious on your phone your should be ok. If you are still  receiving these messages you can block them from the firewall in options to prevent pin messages from anyone not in your contacts 

Please use plain text.