Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
frenchettenyc
My Device: Torch 9800

Empty gmail message folders won't delete

Sometimes when I try to delete messages in my gmail mailbox on the Torch 9800, the messages delete out leaving behind an un-deletable folder which is notated with a star. Nothing I do on the phone allows me to delete these rogue empty folders, which actually say "0 items" but still carry the subject line.

The only thing I can do to get rid of them is to delete the folder completely on the gmail server, or to undelete the message on the gmail server (at which point it repopulates into my phone mailbox), and then delete it over again, which generally works.

What is going on?

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Empty gmail message folders won't delete

I would assume your blackberry is showing you all available labels\folders even if they are in use or not
New Contributor
frenchettenyc

I guess, but I would love not to see them. Creates a pretty messy work environment.

Contributor
OlderBiker
My Device: Z10

Not sure why the BB9800 is doing this, perhaps getting lost when syncronizing with the gmail host?

I'm sure someone here has the answer as to WHY it is doing that. The way to get rid of the

empty message folders is the old "pull the battery" trick. Works for me anyway when this happens

once in a while (rarely but still does happen)

Dennis

New Contributor
frenchettenyc

You're right...it must be something deficient in the gmail sync. OK,  I guess I have will have to intermittently reset the phone to get rid of these empty folders. It's too bad that this seems to be the only option.