Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: ICE

Encryption problem

[ Edited ]

Hello

I know this issue is well know for many of you guys. Also there're a lot of posts regarding this issue.

Unfortunately I cannot see pics I took with my BB Torch 9810 because they're encrypted. I have read so many forums and there's no way I can see my pics. I also have downloaded software from App World in order to move the files from one side to another and error persists.

Basically I removed encryption option (device memory and SDCard) and tried to move pics from one folder to another and I got the error "error decrypting header". 

Those are very very importan pics for me. How it's possible I loose those pics because of BB encryption?  I have tried EVERYTHING. I've been a DEFENDER of Blackberry for years but this really makes me think to move to another phone. Please help!!!

Pics have jpg.rem extension and there's no way to see them. I don't want to see pics on my PC... I want to see them on my BB device. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Encryption problem

Hello Eariasp,

Please have a look ast the following article that covers expectations when encryption is enabled for a media card in a BlackBerry® smartphone:
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB25484

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: ICE

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

Pics are in bult in memory, not in sd memory card. After i took the pics I unchecked the encryption option from security section. Then i tried to move from default folder to another one. I was not able to do it. "Error decrypting header" was the error shown. I cannot move, copy, see my pics. There's no way to see them. There's no preview as well. Pics are already there but cannot watch them. If I use Desktop Manager can't see pics. I've tried everything forums said about how to fix the issue but nothing works for me. 

What am I supposed to do? I need help. Is there any option from RIM to remove encryption? Any software? Anything?

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tsel

Dear...

My blackberry is Bold 9700. I have some problems related to encryption.

I have successfully decrypting my files using roxio-media manager but another problem is occured.

Some of those files can not transfered / copied to pc so I just see that the files was not in rem extention anymore but I can't access it.

I tried some ways but none is success. I also tried to make a copy of those files, make a copy in sd card but it failed, it said that "error decrypting header".

So, what should I do to fix it? I need to access those files. Please help.....

Thanks for the attention.