Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
olrok
My Device: 9860 Torch3
Accepted Solution

Error 102

I have had problems with the charging point on my phone continually and I was informed it cannot be repaired without changing the entire motherboard. It is out of warranty and my insurance has expired. Consequently, i cant charge my battery or transfer info between phone n desktop/laptop via usb. I charge using universal battery chargers and transfer info via media card and bluetooth. YEsterday I switched batteries (had to get spare battery for when charging the other phone) and it showed "Error102 Reload software. For Further info visit www.blackberry.com/102"

I have visited the site but only gave a download for pc. Plug in my phone via usb but cannot read the phone.

Is there a software download that can operate via media card?

What other solutions are there to this problem.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Error 102

Hi olrok

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a Backup of your device ? To recover your device from this error please refer to this knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Additional Information :

KB10068 :  " JVM 102 " error is generated on the  BlackBerry Smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Natz0
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Error 102

Hi I have the same problem with my Bold, I cannot use the pc as my charging point is also faulty. How can I reload the software as it gives me also an Error 102!!!! Please HELP!!!!