Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
davidfffff
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

Error 102

So basically what happened was I tried to update the Blackberry to the 7.1 operating system, but it bugged out on me. Skipping a bit here, but where I'm at right now is that I'm trying to use the Desktop Software to reload the newest software onto my phone. Screen Cap 5 thumb once I hit install though, it gives me a screen that says that I'm not a service subscriber. I'm pretty sure I am, though I've forgotten the email that's linked to it. It does give me an option to change emails and use another, but obviously that option's void. I'm stuck here, and I don't know what's the next step or how to solve this. Anyone have a solution? If you feel like you need a bit more clarification, feel free to ask questions. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Error 102

I can't read your post in its entirety due to your screenshot, but you can't install OS 7.1 on a Torch 9800.  If that's indeed the model you have, you won't get far.

I might be missing some key points so please clarify your situation in print without a screenshot.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidfffff
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error 102

Oh my bad. Made a couple mistakes. it's the 9810. From the little research I've conducted regarding this Error 102, my best route is to install the 7.1 device software on my dekstop, and restore my phone, thus putting the newest software on to the phone. However, I can't install the software and the computer puts up a message that says that I'm not a Blackberry Service Subscriber, and because I'm not a service subscriber, I can't download the newest software. After a call with my mobile carrier's tech support, they told me that I can work around this by simply downloading the software(7.1 device software) straight from blackberry's website. Which I did. But that doesn't seem to have any immediate impact or effect, and I don't know if I'm suppose to run the file or something. Really lost right now. 

Please use plain text.