Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
deep_eck
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Error 102

I recently purchased Torch 9860. Last sunday i was travelling, suddenly cell lost the network connection and switched off. when rebooted it showing "error 102 Reload Software", I tried to connect this device with Desktop manager as per the solutionds given on BB website but Desktop manager is not able to detect the phone, and i am unable to do anything since there are not software update for OS 7 yet.

Please help me bring my cell into life.

regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manpro
My Device: Bold 9900 & PlayBook

Re: Error 102

Download BBSAK, DM and the latest OS version.
Install all these programs on your PC.
Use the BBSAK to do the wipe of your phone. If you've done well then you will mistake 507 (blank phone without OS)
Then open the DM and install the new OS on your phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deep_eck
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

i did well as per ur suggestion but  it stuck on error 507 with message Roload software not moving ahead. I have latest DM but nothing happening. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fallenstar879
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

will u lose data if u wipe it w/ BBSAK?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
haly
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Hello,

Is there anyway to backup my data after getting a 102 error software reload? My father passed away recently and I have all his latest pictures on my phone. I didn't have the chance to back up anything before this error :smileysad: please help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EMY9900
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Optus

How do you reload software if you're travelling miles from home with no access to Desktop etc. frankly I'm over Blackberry and when I get back home I'm moving to an iPhone.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello EMY9900

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

EMY9900 wrote:
How do you reload software if you're travelling miles from home with no access to Desktop etc.

If you're getting the same error 102 on your BlackBerry then first try a Battery pull restart , if error persists even after that then you have to load the OS again , But.. to do that you need a Desktop or a laptop ..

If you're able to arrange it then try this Knowledge Base to recover your device :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

You can find aditional Information here regarding this error :

KB10068 :  " JVM 102 " error is generated on the  BlackBerry Smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EMY9900
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Optus

I think this is a badly designed architecture. The phone should be designed to at least work in basic mode allowing calls and texts. This fault renders the phone absolutely useless.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

EMY9900 wrote:
I think this is a badly designed architecture. The phone should be designed to at least work in basic mode allowing calls and texts. This fault renders the phone absolutely useless.

Hi there,

Well.. I disagree with your first part. Every electronic devices may encounter such issue but there are remedies , you can try those to recover your device and use it again .

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.