Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
taking3271
My Device: Torch 9860
Accepted Solution

Error 507 9860 Torch

Hello I cannot boot my 9860, I have Error 507

The phone is an unlocked 9860 from the employee purchase plane loaded with Windmobile OS 7
(Windmobile tried also but was not able to help)

I have tried KB19767, and KB10144 and apploader with and without /nojvm option

Here are the steps and messages that I have received

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19767

popup BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the BlackBerry

<Retry> Same thing

<Update>
Confirm device repair

<Repair>
(prompt for phones unlock password {1/10})

Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates

There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates <ok>

backt to original message

BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the BlackBerry

Tried

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Same results as above

I don't get the following prompt in step 3 (Get Update, Update Later or View other versions)

Using apploader with the Windmoble v7 download

Apploader
loader (with or without /nojvm)
USB-PIN:12345
(shows that the device is connected)

prompts for device password <entered>
phone screen flashes

Blackberry Core Applications Update shows up on the wizard

<Next>
The "Blackberry 7.1.0 Core Applications" cannot be loaded because some of the required files are not available.

Is there an other way to restore the device to a bootable state? Perhaps to the original factory firmware?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error 507 9860 Torch

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

507 means that there is no OS on the device at all, therefore nothing to be "reset to factory" or anything else. Only a proper OS reload will get it going again.

I recommend the following, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try these tricks, but substitute the Desktop Software/AppLoader instead of the website (if/where listed):

You may perhaps need to try different OS packages...perhaps the one you are trying is corrupt somehow.

You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
taking3271

None of the steps worked with the software from my carrier.

The carrier only provides software for the 9810 which I was told would work. I guess they did not sell the 9860 model.

It may be similar 9860, but it was not recognized by the loader program for that model.

I managed to get it to work by

1. downloading the 9860 version from the Inosat carrier

2. deleted the vendor.xml

3. ran the loader (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe)

then went through the prompts

The phone booted after and I had the setup screens

New Contributor
taking3271

It would be nice if Blackberry had generic loads for each model of phone, so we don't have to hunt through several carrier sites to find software for our specific model of phone.

Is there any difference in the 9810 software that would cause the 9860 to be unstable?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

taking3271 wrote:

None of the steps worked with the software from my carrier.

The carrier only provides software for the 9810 which I was told would work. I guess they did not sell the 9860 model.

It may be similar 9860, but it was not recognized by the loader program for that model.

This is WAD -- Working As Designed. OS packages are not interchangeable...each OS package can only be used for the exact Model Number BB for which the OS package is intended.

taking3271 wrote:

I managed to get it to work by

1. downloading the 9860 version from the Inosat carrier

2. deleted the vendor.xml

3. ran the loader (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe)

then went through the prompts

The phone booted after and I had the setup screens

Excellent. Well done.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

taking3271 wrote:
It would be nice if Blackberry had generic loads for each model of phone, so we don't have to hunt through several carrier sites to find software for our specific model of phone.

Unfortunately, doing such would alter the existing support model. Each carrier holds primary support responsibility for their customers. As part of that, they hold the responsibility to control the OS release process to their customers. Some carriers choose to not release certain OS levels while others choose to release everything that BlackBerry releases to them. It is the carriers choice, since they hold the primary end user support responsibility.

taking3271 wrote:

Is there any difference in the 9810 software that would cause the 9860 to be unstable?

The 9810 software cannot be used on a 9860.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates