Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
wschanfish
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: att

Error 507

My Phone Has A 507 Error On The Screen, I have downloaded the blackberry desktop software to help fix the problem but when I check for updates or try to get the phone to connect it will not connect and says there are no updates. Is There Anyone That Can Help Me

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error 507

Hi wschanfish

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Error 507 simply means that currently there is NO operating system on your device to run your device. To resolve your issue you can download the OS pack from your carrier site and install it on your device ,Or  try this  :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ,On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ( You can skip this steps if downloading from your own carrier ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Follow the Onscreen direction and your device will back to normal.After installation restore your data from your previous backup

Additional Information :

KB02792 : BlackBerry smartphone displays Error message “507” when upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wschanfish
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: att

the only problem is i have never backed up my phone as i have not had it very long. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi wschanfish

I am sorry but....if you don't have a previous backup or not using BlackBerry protect then I fear you may lose your data ! If you want to recover your device then you have to follow those suggestion and regarding backup we should always perform a backup of our device at regular intervel , you can refer to this Article for help :  How To Backup Your BlackBerry

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.