Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mgal_987
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Error 507

Hi, I'm new to this blackberry thing, and on my bb torch 9800 it says "Error 507, reload software. For further information please visit www.blackberry.com/507."

So i went on the website and did everything it told me to do. I do have the latest desktop software, but somehow it still doesnt let me update my software, i would do it through the phone but im stuck with the "Error 507" screen so i cant do it through my phone. Im really really fustrated and want to figure out how to do this, like i said i did try updating it, but uts keeps telling me i have internet connection problem which causes it to not finish downloading, but my internet is working perfectly fine, so i reallt dont know what the big problem is? can anybody help please????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 507

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A 507 error means that there is no OS at all on your device...so you can do nothing on it, since there is no OS to run it. But, it can be recovered. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now, proceed with the use of these tricks (if any request you to use an Update Website, substitute please the Desktop Software you installed above):

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mgal_987
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you soo much, sdgardne!!

I did everythign you told me to do, plus the KB10144, and my bb torch is perfect now! once again, thanks so much!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clg0192
My Carrier: Congstar / Telekom

I need help with my BlackBerry !

I got the error 507 too and nothing is working!
I tried to do it like you explainted and it works first - after the inization with the phone it stops at "retry to connect with JAV" i dont know what that means and it wont go further than that.

I also tried the other links below that you recommandet but no luck either.

Please help me

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You may need to use more harsh means.

Try downloading bbsak (from bbsak.org) and using it to WIPE your device...it can do a more stringent cleansing than some other tools.

Also obtain jlcmder (there are multiple download sources...a few seconds on google will give you plenty or results) and try it with the /nojvm option to see if that can work.

Otherwise, you might need to find in-person support (e.g., a local shop with a qualified BB tech) to see if they can recover it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clg0192

I would be happy to send it in but in germany there is no support for blackberry thats my problem.

I will try the option you gave me but what do you mean by /nojvm option?

Thank you for your help so far

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clg0192

[ Edited ]

i tried what you told me.. but it´s not working either becaus i get the same problem it can´t conect to my blackberry.. i already tried diffrent cabels and usb ports nothing worked :-(

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

It would seen then that you do need in-person support. However, I am quite astounded at your statement of "in germany there is no support for blackberry"...while I don't live there and therefore have no direct knowledge, I would be amazed if your statement is truly accurate. Perhaps local to you there is none, but somewhere in the country I have to believe that there is. You may need to look more closely...perhaps ringing up your mobile service provider and asking them if they have any recommendations for you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clg0192

i came to the same conclusion that i need to sent it in..
I was shocked that blackberry does not have support in germany but belive me i researched it really extensive.. the next support in europe would be france.. but a friend of mine from the usa is coming in 4 weeks.. i guess i just give it to her and she can maybe deal with it..

but thank you for your support

Please use plain text.