Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mattsullivancom
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Error Code 10006

When I type in a website address: http://peterclarke.mobi on my BB I receive the following error message:

"The requested URL could not be retrieved

Sorry, we couldn't find the web page that you requested. Make sure that you typed the web address correctly, and try again.

Error Code: 10006"

The webite works on Andriofd, iPhone, and the web? Why am I getting this error message.

I am not on BES nor has my phone ever been on BES.

Pls Help

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error Code 10006

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB24144 Unable to browse intranet sites while using a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry 6 or 7

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mattsullivancom

Hi thanks for your help.

But as I said, I'm not on BES... And this webpage http://peterclarke.mobi is not an "intranet" site.

Since I'm not on BES I can modify the IT policies?

All KB articles refer back to BES and changing the IT policy. Now what should I do?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Presently being on BES is not really the issue...the BB ever having been on BES could be the issue, as there are very specific steps that must be conducted to remove the IT Policy on the BB when it is divorced from BES. So, check here:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is no IT Policy, then that's not the issue.

But, to test, I used that URL in my BB, my Android, and on my computer (via Chrome)...with interesting results. From my PC, my Droid connected via WiFi, and my BB connected via WiFi, I received error messages that indicate that the URL does not exist...which, given the intent of the .mobi domain, would make sense. With my Droid WiFi off and solely via my carrier data network, I get the site to come up. But, with my BB WiFi off, I replicate the error you have. Which tells me that either the BIS DNS environment does not support the .mobi top level domain, or that your specific URL has yet to fully propagate through all DNS servers (72 hours is the customary wait time for full propagation).

If this specific URL has existed for less than 72 hours, then waiting that time period would be appropriate (further if other .mobi sites can be accessed, then it's not that BIS does not recognize .mobi). But, if it's been longer than 72 hours and other .mobi sites can be accessed, then it may well be that BIS does not recognize the .mobi domain.

Please let us know which is the case here.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mattsullivancom

BB has never been on BES.

The domain http://peterclarke.mobi has been active for 2 weeks with the same DNS

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...thanks...let's hope someone "official" sees this...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello guys,

I will see what I can find out regarding this issue and provide an update when I have more information.

Thanks.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thanks FB!!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hi guys.

I received the following response regarding this issue:

The issue here is that hgrtechnologygroup.com is missing A records for ns1 and ns2.hgrtechnologygroup.com. They get returned in the additional section, but they need to be proper records that can be accessed in the answer section. 

BIND and Vantio react differently in this case. BIND is lax and will allow the A records to lead it on (this is bad behavior, it can lead to poisoning DNS records in the cache server). Vantio is more secure and ignores the additional section, at which point resolution breaks. hgrtechnologygroup.com is the key here since the root servers, when queried for records for peterclarke.mobi point us there.

That would get this working for everyone. In the current case, there’s lots of people who aren’t going to be able to access this site, not just BlackBerry users.

(In summary)

The DNS server software we use will not process these records in their current state as they can lead to DNS cache poisoning as mentioned on thread. As most other hosts use BIND they are processing successfully. This is something (your host) will need to address.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mattsullivancom

Thank you very much sir!