Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
annette-202
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Philippines
Accepted Solution

Error message "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NoclassDefFounderError" when Facebook ver. 4.1.0.19 is updated

Help Please.

I got this error message when the new Facebook ver 4.1.0.19 for Torch 9800 is downloaded. Now, I can get Facebook to show options, go to Chat nor read my personal messages :smileysad: . Tried to install, reinstall, did quick pull and I'm yet to get my Facebook to work with the new version. Please help. I have the OS 6 and my phone says its up to date. Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error message "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NoclassDefFounderError" when Facebook ver. 4.1.0.19 is updated

Hi annette-202

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Those errors are are related to any application that you had Installed on your device, as in your case it may facebook application or in association with any other apps.  On our BlackBerry there is a way to access those log events ,  it will show you those event log, you have to scroll down to see this error and with which application it is related other then facebook .Deleting that application may fix this error.

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

But sometime those errors may corrupt our Device OS , in that situation there is no other way but you have Relaod the device OS which will fix any such errors . For that  first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software then refer to this Knowledge Base and perform a Clean OS reload .

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After Reload you can check if you recieve the same error . Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Re: Error message "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NoclassDefFounderError" when Facebook ver. 4.1.0.19 is updated

Hi! There are plenty of users who reported the same issue with the new Facebook build.

Read this post: supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/solution-on-isssues-with-Facebook-for-BlackBerry-v-4-1-0-19/m-p/2555453#M34048

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annette-202

I have yet to perform these options you provided due to time constraint. Hopefully it will resolve the issue. Thank You for the quick response.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annette-202

Thanks. I will read through. Hopefully I can get some more tips on how to resolve this. I will perform the above suggestions first to attemp to solve it. Will post the result soon.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
mondi21

You're welcome! Take your time and good luck. Keep us posted. :smileyhappy:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annette-202

Thank You Mondi :smileyhappy: I downloaded the version on your link and it worked perfectly. I'll live with the old version until they get to fix the new one, hopefully soon.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
mondi21

You're welcome annette-202! Glad I was able to help. Let's all wait for the next build, hoping this issue will get resolved. Cheers! :smileyhappy:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Please use plain text.