Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Exchange ActiveSync

Does the Torch 9800 support Exchange ActiveSync (EAS)? I can not get e-mail to work with the setting they call outlook "exchange".

The fields don't appear to be the same as what the iPhone instructions are asking for.

My company supports Blackberry and iPhone. The former with the enterprise server and the latter with EAS. AT&T charges an extra $30/mo for enterprise (2 years of $30/mo is $720). If I can't get EAS working, this phone is going back to the store to be replaced with an iPhone4 (for $720 I could buy 3 of iPhones and still save $120 over 2 years on an enterprise account).

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange ActiveSync

EAS? No and Yes.

No not natively

yes with astrasync.com and some others too.

Do you have OWA? You can setup Torch to use OWA with BIS.

Maybe you could ask your IT dept for BES Express 5. it is free and uses a BIS dataplan.

BES Express 5 press release
http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=3546

About BES Express 5

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/business/server/express/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Exchange ActiveSync

Thanks for the info. I think getting an iPhone4 will be a lot easier than getting IT to do anything.

It's a shame because its almost like Blackberry is trying to put itself out of business (admittedly with a lot of help from AT&T).