Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Community Manager (Retired)
KerriB
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Extend your Torch battery life even longer!

See below on how to get the most out of your BlackBerry Torch!

BlackBerry’s are very customizable, giving you the ability to fit it into your lifestyle.

How to:

-          On your BlackBerry Torch home screen, type “brightness”, click the options (wrench) icon, click Screen Display.

-          Adjust your Backlight Brightness to 30 and your Backlight Timeout to 20 seconds

-          Ensure “Automatically Dim Backlight” is selected. Click menu button, Save.

For more amazing tips follow @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter or check out this article with lots of helpful battery saving tips.

^KB

Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jacksonstewart
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Extend your Torch battery life even longer!

I want to know more how the battery life can be extended..

Please use plain text.
jakoby4204

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hussain82
My Device: Bold 9900 BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Batelco

I tested since week ago and really it work fine
Thanks for advice
Please use plain text.
crismas2011

[ Edited ]

I want also to know more how the battery life can be extended.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pratim_seo

[ Edited ]

Hello, I really want a final take on whether it is worth to give Blackberry Torch a try at all, given the persistent complaints about its very increased amount of low battery cases.

I respect Blackberry for its innovations and especially for the messenger service but It seems Blackberry will be banned in India, so I'm sceptical to spend on it!

Please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brendwal
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

RIM settled the India issue.

I've had my Torch for 5 days now, and the first 3 days the battery was sucked dry within 8 hours or so of moderate use.  I am coming from a BB Curve in which I regularly got 3 days battery life!!  I found an app that installed was causing slow battery drain as well as the GPS was turned on by default on the Torch.  That led to big battery delays.  Still testing an monitoring battery now, but it was losing 4-5% every 1/2 hour.  Now it is down to 1-2%.  Much better.

The battery life definitely is not as good as the Curve or Bold, but it's because you have a huge fricken screen!  You gotta pay for that real estate!  Talk to anyone who uses an iPhone (roughly same screen size).  Their battery life sucks majorly!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fausto412

i set brightness to the lowest setting and it is still freaking bright...wish i could lower brightness more to save on battery.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Strider
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobile

I've had my Torch for a week and the battery seems to last as long as my old curve - I charge it about every 2-3 days.

Just make sure you don't have a GPS app in the background! BB Maps draws power very quickly.

Neil "Strider" Looby
Webmaster / IT Support
Colonnade Management
BES Express 5 / Exchange 2010 / 45 Users
Red Torch 9800 (v2391) / 64GB Playbook
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

A media card full of songs and pictures will take a long time to generate the thumbnails and song playlist, possibly making it slow up first use and drain the battery making all the thumb nails.

Older apps transfered to the device with Device switcher can cause issue if not compatable with OS 6. On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine this way.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.