Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Extend your Torch battery life even longer!

Turning off the mobile network does no good for people like myself who needs that service throughout the day.

Today's phones have many more functions than the phones of some years ago. Battery capacity per unit size has not gotten much better. Battery stability and memory problems has been much improved.

My first mobile phone was just a phone with 30 memories only. It was not even alpha-numeric. It was numeric only in the display. This phone didn't even display the time and date unless a call came in.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
tizzy
My Device: torch 9800

Yea I really luved dat...
New Contributor
tizzy
My Device: torch 9800

Use the tips its really gud.
New Contributor
jhype
My Device: 9860

thanks for the tip
New Contributor
CarmenC
My Device: Torch

Yeah between the large screen and constantly searching for signals, the battery isn't lasting too long. Its the price we pay for technology.

Now if we could only charge our batteries wirelessly, we'd have it made in the shade.

:Chef:

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I found if turning off the WiFi when not needed it saves some battery life. When the phone is searching for or using WiFi it uses a fair amount of more power. Downloading email, and browsing also uses a fair amount of power. The biggest power usage is when talking.

When browsing and doing emails the backlight is a big power consumer. I found by using the backlight dimmed to at least 50% made a fair difference for power usage.

I keep a charger at my office desk, in the car, and I carry one with me. From what I read the biggest problem with smart phones is power consumption. Some of the more popular types are worse than Blackberry models.

If you do some web searching about smart phone power savings (management), or for the Blackberry, there are many news groups and web sites that discuss this topic.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Haninah
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

As for me, I remove / turn off the applications I do not use to save my battery.

planetbob
My Device: blackberry storm 9530

Thanks so much for the advice, was looking forward to extend my battery life...:smileyhappy:

phil89
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for the advice. Had been looking pretty much all over the internet find an answer to that. Thanks.

Website

Contributor
bilhasry
My Device: Torch 2 9810

thanks for the information, so many apps in your blackberry like will make your battery ran out faster