Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jnie9800
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Extend your Torch battery life even longer!

I've just changed my torch brightness and timeout settings as what recommended. Will monitor and see how much it could save. Thanks so much for the tips!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Altarocks
My Device: Torch 9800

I've had a Torch since August.  I have no complaints about battery life.  I usually have 35-40% remaining after a 15 hour day.  Much of battery life is dependent upon apps, signal quality, and how you use your phone.  For example, BBM is great, but it will drain your battery (I assume due to the constant screen use). Also, if you're in a weak 3g signal area you can greatly extend the battery life by switching to 2G.

If you really want to squeeze life out of the battery I suggest using a holster with a sleep magnet.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

jacksonstewart wrote:

I want to know more how the battery life can be extended..

Check here and here

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robertz
My Device: blackberry torch

great advice.....lower brightness and turn off apps using gps.  thx

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

Strider wrote:

I've had my Torch for a week and the battery seems to last as long as my old curve - I charge it about every 2-3 days.

Just make sure you don't have a GPS app in the background! BB Maps draws power very quickly.

how do you make sure the GPS or Maps app in the background has been disabled so it doesn't run automatically?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

press and hold the BlackBerry log key, then if you see it in the ribbon, click on it and close/exit the app.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiredr
My Device: torch 9800, bold 9000

i have a torch with os 450.

i have tried all of the above to extend battery life and have  found by accident that turning the " apn settings enabled " off.  has made a dramatic change to battery use . the only function that doesnt work is nobex radio which comes up with error code 201 . i can still use nobex by turning on wifi when i am at home

all other functions are ok .

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

wiredr wrote:

i have a torch with os 450.

i have tried all of the above to extend battery life and have  found by accident that turning the " apn settings enabled " off.  has made a dramatic change to battery use . the only function that doesnt work is nobex radio which comes up with error code 201 . i can still use nobex by turning on wifi when i am at home

all other functions are ok .

Help another nubee out, how to get to apn settings, and what is its function?

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiredr
My Device: torch 9800, bold 9000

Go to options, device , advanced system settings, TCP IP and deselect " apn settings enabled "

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

Thanks for that info. Are there any other apps/settings that are not working besides nobex radio?

Please use plain text.