Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Extend your Torch battery life even longer!

That certainly would be heavy use on the battery. I was thinking tether meant with a wire.
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

The Playbook can be tethered to the net via the Blackberry phone by Bluetooth only. It can also access the internet using the bridge feature. This also used Bluetooth to work with the phone. The phone serves as a mobile modem.

The phone can work as a modem with a laptop or desktop computer. To do this the computer has to be connected to the phone using the Blackberry USB cable. The proper drivers have to be installed in to the computer.

As for battery consumption in the Playbook, I am able to get an average of about 10 hours of use before the battery goes flat. While using the Playbook it is possible to have the charger connected. This would keep the battery charged while being used.

I tried doing a Bluetooth tether between a laptop and the Blackberry Torch. I had no success at doing this. I wanted to be able to have my laptop computer tether on to the net via the Torch using Bluetooth instead of the USB cable.  When I have the time, I will be calling Blackberry support to know if this is possible. Using the phone as a modem to the computer using the USB cable works very well.

With Windows 7 - 32 bit, I can transfer files between one of my laptop computers using Bluetooth to my Torch. With 64 bit Windows, I have not been able to make the Bluetooth transfer work. I called BELL support about this. They made an inquiry for me. When they got back to me they told me I cannot use the Desktop Manager wtih Bluetooth on the Windows - 64 bit operating system.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

Thanks guys. I've changed brightness settings and deleted files for apps I've deleted and suprisedly battery life is good. I've only done it for a day but its steady so far.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Thank you so much,it's very helpfull..
My Device: Torch 9810

The battery on my torch 9810 will last about 7 hours with moderate useage! I have turned the screen down, deleted the social feeds app and turned off the wifi. Is this normal? My curve would last 4 days! 

New Contributor

I have a 9800 and I turned down brightness and turned down blackout time and my phone used to last 3 hours with 3G on heavy use but now it last over 6 hours and 12 on 2G
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I have the Blackout time at 90 second. I run the brightness at 60%. I have a charger on my office desk. I am a very heavy user of the Torch and Playbook.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor

My blackout is 10seconds and brightness 10 and my phone last all of my 6 hour school day with modern use but I do turn my phone off for about 2 hours
New Contributor

Moderate use*
New Contributor
My Device: touch 9810

Try disabling 3g. The battery goes out quickly because the phone keeps on switching between 3d and Edge networks