Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
FisherJim
My Device: Torch 9800

Extremely frustrated user

for the last four months I have been getting the royal run around by Telus, a BB repair facility in Edmonton, AB, host providers -- and BB. So fed up that I will switch to android phone and tablet as soon as my contract runs out in 3 months.

Here's the problem:

(1) I have 5 email accounts on my phone

- xplornet with 3 accounts

- g mail - 1

- a local provider - 1

(2) My primary account (xplornet) retains all in coming and out going emails forever

(3) my secondary accounts retain 1 or 2 outgoing, and delete the rest.

Telus says its not their problem

Email service provider says it's not their problem

BB said it may be a software problem so had to pay to get the software reloaded -- still the same problem.

BB tech support wants me to pay them again to solve the problem

BB does not have a customer complaint division

My business partners all have BB, we were going to wait for the BB10 and 4G Playbook, but BB's customer service leaves a lot to be desired

After 10 yrs with BB, I think the best way to solve the problem is to switch to Samsung and let RRM wallow in their collapsing market share

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Extremely frustrated user

Do you want assistance, or are you just ranting and raving?

Telus can escalate your call to RIM for free if they can't handle your questions on their end. The catch is getting them to do so. But as your service provider, Telus is your point of contact for BlackBerry support. It's the same for many other phone manufacturers as well.

If you would like assistance, please add the following info. When you say that your secondary accounts retain 1 or 2 outgoing and then delete the rest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean... Can you expand on that?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FisherJim

Hi Krypto, thanks for the reply. Am I ranting, very much so, because I have tried every avenue, tech calls, rebooting, resetting, new battery, reloading software twice, plus  having Telus charge me $95 to send my phone back to BB, and charging me $95 for a rental phone -- and the problem is still the same -- now telling me that it's a BB problem and I will have to pay BB, again or replace the phone. 

The problem is as stated, I have 5 business accounts that I use on a daily basis. My primary business account that was first set up when I bought the phone never loses anything. All of the secondary account emails sent and received on any given day, will not be there the next day except one or two of the very last sent. They stay for a week or so, then they are lost. I continually have to refer back to my laptop to retreive my older emails, or forward to my primary account so that I can keep them on my BB. Telus store reps and CSR's have tried to change my settings on the individual accounts but nothing works. NOTE: All other functions on the phone work perfectly.

At 65 yrs old, who needs the frustration. All I want is for the device to work as expected.

Cheers

Jim 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

How are the accounts that loose the email on the phone setup on the laptop? As POP or IMAP in a program such as Outlook or thunderbird or as webmail? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Also, out of curiosity, what Telus dealer do you deal with? Charging you $95 for the warranty service and another $95 for the loaner phone is ridiculous. I know Connect has a bad reputation here in BC for doing stuff like that. Depending on exactly where you're located (I think its Alberta, right?) see if you have a Tom Harris location nearby. I've used them here for my last couple of phone purchases and haven't had to pay anything when I needed warranty work done on my phones (they charged a $50 deposit for a loaner phone, but it was just a deposit). Policies might have changed since then, but they're one of the better dealers.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FisherJim

Krypto, your comments are valid. Telus is an issue and I can deal with them. I want BB to take ownership of the problem and realize the problems and issues that their dealers have put me though. If it is a dealer problem (Telus), it's a BB problem - not mine. 

BB has an armor plated door with no customer access to their CSR's other than through the tech group (with payment in advance). 

Most of the largest corps in the world (Shell, Ford, GM, Coke, Sysco) have a means of commumication and pipeline to their marketing/CSR's management. Brand integrity and Brand management is everything -- it's my life. 

BB's choice to keep me as a customer is theirs for them to lose, and Samsung's to gain. 

The ball is in their court.

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

It's clear nothing I can say will help. Enjoy your Samsung and all it's malware!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FisherJim

Krypto, I'm not sure what you want me to say. I've been a loyal customer of BB for 11 yrs, and upgrade my phone every 2 yrs. I'm not a tech guy -- just a 65 yr old plug and play. I have not seen any positive solutions or suggestions from this form to solve the problem. To my disappointment, it appears that BB does not have a moderator, or monitoring system for this form (chatroom). I've been waiting for 10 to come out since last fall -- and all I hear and read, it's coming soon. I'm not enthused about changing from BB because my family is linked through BBM but  I'm running out of solution alternatives and the problem is impacting my business. Telus's solution is to sell me a new phone @$200+   or I buy out my contract and move on.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Can I make a suggestion? I don't know what Telus dealer (store) you dealt with, but the ones in BC and Alberta are independently owned. Don't deal with the same one again, even if you do switch devices.

Also, call *611, and ask to speak with Loyalty and Retention. Tell them about the problems you've been having and the complete lack of service you've received about the issue from Telus. They sometimes have the ability to make things better and they've always been able to help me when I've needed assistance (I've been with Telus for 13 years now, so I understand that end of it).

With regards to your specific problem, the only explanation I can think of based on what has been tried thus far is that it has to either be on the server end, or there must be an interference between your email server and the email client on your computer. Because your primary email account is keeping your emails as expected, and based on all the testing you've already done, this really doesn't seem like an on device issue. But for interests sake, can you try doing the following:

Go to Messages, press the BB Menu button and select Options > Email Reconciliation and turn off the wireless reconcile option.

Does that do anything? If not, try changing the amount of time your BlackBerry keeps your messages to 30 days, just in case it may be due to a memory related issue.

In addition, which email settings are you using on your device? POP? IMAP? Or just the manual settings for setting up the email on the device?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

FisherJim, you appear to miss my questions about how email is setup on your laptop.  

Please use plain text.