Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
danielbrian2330
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: telstra
Accepted Solution

Facebook application Blocked

I bought the Blackberry Torch 9800 from my company. The Facebook application is blocked, message as followed:

"This application have been blocked by your corporate system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more information".

Would you be able to help me to unblocked so that I can used the Facebook via wifi.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Facebook application Blocked

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If your BB remains activated on your company system, then you need to talk to your BES admins about this...they are enforcing that blockage via BES IT Policy.

If instead you mean that you are separated from your company and  no longer using their services, then their BES admins did not properly cleanse your device when they gave it to you. In that case, you need this:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

You'll of course need a full backup first, instructions for which you can find in my auto-sig on this post. But, when you restore, be sure to NOT do a full restore...only do a selective restore of only those databases you need (e.g., contacts, calendar, etc.), especially avoiding any databases that have anything to do with IT Policy, Enterprise, etc. If you do restore those, you'll just wind up back where you are now as those will dutifully restore the IT Policy back to your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danielbrian2330

Hi, Thank you for your fast reply. I have reset to factory setting and it works. Also I'm able to use the browser via wifi. It was such a straight forward case that my service provider did not tell me to do. Once again thank you for your help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danielbrian2330

One thing I forgot to mention, I used facebook on the browser if I want use via wifi. If you want to use the Facebook application then you have to buy the data plan.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

With BlackBerry, there are many services that require subscription to an adequate data plan from your mobile service provider. BBM, email via Messages, BB Protect, BBMaps, BBTravel, etc. etc. etc. FaceBook, Twitter, and some other apps have gone in and out of requirement for a data plan, and it often varies by BB OS level as well...I can no longer keep track of where they stand in that regard...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.