Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Favorites disappear sporadically

this is a peer to peer support community with volunteers like me that try to assist in their free time

I too have noticed this issue with certain apps.

I have remove the app from favorites, pulled battery while on then add app back to favorties, so far it has stayed. I have not used the txt as favorite since I dont have txt plan and hardly ever txt.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mtbright
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't want to hijack this thread...thought I'd add a "new development" that may provide others additional insight (and another possible piece to this puzzle).

After synchronizing my BB device with BB Desktop Software, all icons remained in my device's favorites menu (none of them disappeared) but they were all re-shuffled (randomly - no apparent pattern/order).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aqadiri
My Carrier: AT&T

well. It seems the problem is resolved :smileyhappy:

At least for me it seems so. since yesterday battery pull or simulated battery pull is not causing any changes to the Favorites settings. I am no longer seeing icons disappearing or the order changing.

Couple days back I did have a call from BB saying ATT is going to push some updates to the BB. That may fix the issue( they had the standard disclaimer - may fix no guarantees) Anyways, it does not appear there was an update released, as software version still shows .246.

Regardless, it does appear my BB Torch Favorites Icon instability is fixed.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have the issue on 337 even after batt pulls and trying again and again.

I made new icons so I can look by color for now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
jctheodor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Cincinatti Bell

I am having the same problem. Extremely annoying. It is not being aknowledged now, but I'm sure they'll come up with a fix with the next update. They just won't tell anyone! Way to serve the customer!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GBBear
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Well it seems that I am not alone with this problem. My experience is similar with a couple of icons ... text messaging and e mail. These are the 2 that I have noticed  but it appears that this issue is quite widespread with a lot of units. 

Kinda defeats the purpose of Favorites doesn't it?

Please use plain text.
cynhendrix
My Device: Not Specified

Just took my BB Torch out of the box yesterday (1/5). All was well until I downloaded my first theme. When I activated it, my favs that I had set were gone. Thought that maybe the fav list was connected to the theme so I went to redo them. The only option available was to unfavorite. So I tried that but they don't seem to get unfavorited so I can refavorite them. I even went back to the default BB theme to see if they would come back but no luck. Haven't tried the batt pull yet.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdon874
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I got my torch yesterday and this happens to me too :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
mczapata
My Device: Not Specified

I've had the same issue since the beginning.  Nothing seems to solve this, icons disappear randomly, one every week or so, even if I don't install anything and use it only as a phone.  The latest one was the e-mail app.

Dear RIM, 

You are making it very hard for me to stay in this relationship.  Although I am very fond of you, your constant issues and you ignoring me when I try to reach out to you and solve our differences is painful.  Most of my friends (big companies that don't offer an app for you, for instance Zip Car and many other companies I use for my business) don't want to deal with you because you are very difficult.  They would love for me to go out with that Android girl, or her iPhone cousin as they are good friends with them.  Your special skills (i.e. BBM), do not outweigh your flaws anymore, so although I resist, I think is time for me to move on.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Trini2Dbone
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Well, nothing special to add. Just including myself in the list.

Text Meassaging icon goes everyday and as of today my email icon also.

On Bell Mobility

6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105)

Please use plain text.