Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Yes Optus Australia

Feeeze - Setup/Email

Torch 9800
Yes Optus - Australia
Software 6.0 bundle 3049   v6.0.0.706  platform 6.6.0.246
Free memory 268562422 Bytes   
Application Memory Free space 256.1mb   
Device memory free space3.6gb

Freezes on Setup/Email

When I go to Setup, and try to open Email, the clock starts for less than one second.  Then when I try to exit setup, I get the usual exit message, press ok, but then my BlackBerry freezes.   All I can so is a battery pull.    7 times so far.

I can go to Setup, and explore every other option:   Email is the killer, nothing else.

I’ve been using my Torch for a year – and during that time made several email settings changes using Setup.    I can make changes online on the Telco/Blackberry page, and have recently done so.  (Updated password)

Any suggestions?     Complete reinstall ?

Thanks !

Gary

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Feeeze - Setup/Email

it might be trying to download a new version of email setup, launch it and wait it out for a bit.

if after 20 min, then there is something wrong and possibly a OS reload will fix it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks Martin  - I tried the 20 minute wait  - that made no difference.   

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

try looking at this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Torch-9800-email-set-up-icon-not-responding-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks Knottyrope

my issue is different - I can still access and modify email accounts via. the carrier web site - unlike the problem in the thread above.
New Contributor

my memory is starting to kick in.

I had added a gmail account  - and ticked the options on the carrier web page/console  to synch calendars and contacts.   It the n came up with a message to open setup/email on the phone.     When I went to do that, I got the first freeze.

Sorry - that was weeks ago ( an pre a wedding - mine)    I left it to come back later and forgot.

I just tried completely deleting the gmail account from BB.      But still the freeze continues.     Im now thinking that Setup/Email is trying to access the password required for synch  ....?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ok Ive now done a factory reset. (using desktop)

so it goes through all the intro movie   - etc

I doint do any reinstall from backup  -  no settings etc.

I go to setup / email

and get exactly the same problem as above.  Nothing is fixed

Now i am really stuck!   what else can I try?