Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
MrAlake
My Device: 9800

Fix bricked Blackberry :-(

Hi,

I have reached a dead end in trying to get my Blackberry fixed and I would love if I could get some assistance,

Issue:

Every time I took a picture the phone would crash and reload

then I tried to record and It finally had It and crashed then It just keeps restarting It self.

Current State: The blackberry keeps re-starting after loading about 2%, and It is on a continued reloading cycle, constantly.

Things I have tried:

I have gone as far as checking all the forum’s, help and support pages and many more, (Didn't Work)

Tried to reboot the OS, but It keeps disconnecting from the computer. (Didn't Work)

Tried using Blackberry DM when the phone finally connected to the computer but It always gets stock on "connecting to JVM" and It never goes further. (Didn't Work)

Tried to use Apploader (Didn't Work)

Tried taking out the battery and using BBSAK install the OS (Didn't Work)

I think I must have looked at every single website to come up with a solution but nothing seems to work... It still keeps restarting after loading about 2%

the problem is: While I was traveling in the states I won a blackberry in a friends charity raffle, which I have been using for a few months now…. I am currently living in the UK, now my BB is NUKED, I have tried everything in the book to resolve the issue to no avail. The phone is still under warranty, therefore It can still be repaired.

As the phone was won at a charity raffle, off line (not tethered to any contractual service providers) I would need Blackberry/RIM’s help to get my phone fixed please, worse thing is I can’t find a blackberry service center

anywhere in the UK (I don't think there is one).

My blackberry is used a lot for business purposes and right now, I feel disabled without It.

If anyone could help with my issue or direct me to someone who can, I would be so appreciated, 

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

P.S.. Its a Torch 9800, and before It crashed It was using the latest OS, and It also had NO Apps that could have cause It to go berserk.

Regards,

Michael Alake

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abieerasmus
My Device: Bold 9900 Touch

Re: Fix bricked Blackberry :-(

hi plug your charger into your phone without the battery in it and leave it overnight after that unplug charger and start up phone..hold the escape key while rebooting if the phone starts up wipe your phone and reinstall all your apps...hope it works...

Aberasmus
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

As mentioned, remove the battery then reinsert the battery while holding down the escape (back) key. Continue holding down the escape key for another 20 seconds while the device boots. This is safe mode and will let you know if it's a 3rd party app that is causing the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrAlake

Hello Guys,

thank you so much for your responses, but....

I tried that already, plugging it in the charger for a few days with no battery, removing the battery and trying to load in safe mode, but the phone fails to boot in safe mode, I even tried holding the escape (back) button for 10 min, hoping at some point during the continuous reboot cycle it would work, but still NO JOY....

I tried removing the battery, then loading the OS through BBSAK to bypass the JVM load, then putting the battery back in, but still NO Joy...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrAlake

I tried that already,

With and without the battery,

When it manages to connect to DM, it begins to reload the OS, but it always gets stuck at "connecting to JVM" then the phone just keep reeboting.

Like I said above I then tried to use BBSAK to bypass the connecting to JVM part, but that still didn't work....

I swear I must have tried everything online!

I feel like the only option is to send it back to BB/RIM, or throw it against the wall, its getting frustrating!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrAlake

So I seem to have ran out of ideas,

and from the look of responses everyone else has as well...

So does anyone know how I get Blackberry or RIM, to take responsibility of their device and fix it under warranty??, because this is beginning to give me a migraine and depression is setting in. :-( 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Warranty for the device must go through the carrier from which you purchased it. If you can't go through that carrier then, unfortunately, you're out of luck. You can try BlackBerry directly but it costs $50 just for them to take the case and I'm not sure they can warranty the hardware directly due to their contracts with the carriers.

Using an unlocked device on another carrier is an option that many people use (I've done it) but it does come with some risks.

John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khisoler
My Device: z10

Hi id there any process like this for bb z10??  after the blackberry logo its stuck at the boot process 4%....

kinda same thing.. after i upgraded to 10.2 stl100-1 ,,, i installed android apps on it... then, it shuts off and  its and endless loop,,,,, turns on, logo, boot process stuck 4%,,over and over..

pls help ..

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Use an autoloader from here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...
Please use plain text.