Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: ex-Torch 9800, now Bold 9700

Flickr App help?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Hoping someone has some insight into my Flickr issue.  I've spent some time with this phone since 8/12...my review and notes are linked from my webpage on my profile.

Thanks in advance!

Problem:

Flickr app @ blackberry.com meets the requirements for this phone (it says) so I install it then cannot find it to run it even after searching the phone.  It's showing in the apps list but I can't run it.  I deleted it, reinstalled and rebooted.  I noticed a nondescript "application updater" had appeared.  In it, a message says "You must update the following applications to use them with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0.  Flickr is listed.  I clicked it and chose update.  It said "Installing Flickr..." for several minutes.  It told me it was installed successfully and asked me to reboot, which I did.  I search for it and it's not on the phone.Flickr app @ blackberry.com meets the requirements for this phone (it says) so I install it then cannot find it to run it even after searching the phone. It's showing in the apps list but I can't run it. I deleted it, reinstalled and rebooted. I noticed a nondescript "application updater" had appeared. In it, a message says "You must update the following applications to use them with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0. Flickr is listed. I clicked it and chose update. It said "Installing Flickr..." for several minutes. It told me it was installed successfully and asked me to reboot, which I did. I search for it and it's not on the phone. Sigh.

The Flickr app @ blackberry.com (created by RIM) says it meets the requirements for this phone so I install it then cannot find it to run it even after searching the phone. It's showing in the apps list but I can't run it. I deleted it, reinstalled and rebooted. I noticed a nondescript "application updater" had appeared. In it, a message says "You must update the following applications to use them with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0. Flickr is listed. I clicked it and chose update. It said "Installing Flickr..." for several minutes. It told me it was installed successfully and asked me to reboot, which I did. I search for it and it's not on the phone.  Battery pull did not fix it.

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. (Go to Settings, then Options, then status): 225.3 mb (might need to revise this for 6.0 or, better yet, create an app that e-mails all the required info)

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Apps installed and their version if possible.   (Go to Settings, then Options, then applications): An amazingly long list.  What I added: BeWeather Free, CaptureIt, Google Mobile App (including gmail etc.), NPR, Opera Mini.

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): none

What is worth a thousand words

Pictures of your issue if possible:

2886i5C9C232E7D3476EE 

2887iB395744EC8678F8A 

2888i85502B6C9A8D60EC

-----------------------------
Jules
My ongoing Torch review/notes
Contributor
My Device: ex-Torch 9800, now Bold 9700

Flickr app by RIM not working - may have posted in the wrong forum?

Please feel free to move this to the correct forum - it's not showing up on the 9800 after downloading, even to my replacement.  :smileysurprised:  I just don't want to double or cross post.

-----------------------------
Jules
My ongoing Torch review/notes
Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Flickr app by RIM not working - may have posted in the wrong forum?

It is in the correct section... 9800.

Wish I had some advice to offer you on the issue. I'll read it again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code