Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Achmed
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Forgot Password and Forgot Answer to Secret Question

Is there any way I can reset my password?  I can't install apps as it asks me for a password.  I can't recall when the last time is i needed this password, and it was probably set around 4 years ago.  When I click "forgot password" it gives me a secret question which I don't even recall ever setting, and I don't recall what the answer would be either.  Is there any way to reset it based on other information other than the password and secret question?

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Forgot Password and Forgot Answer to Secret Question

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

VIA |   Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/How-to-regain-access-to-your-BBID/td-p/25467...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Achmed
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Forgot Password and Forgot Answer to Secret Question

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I'm not seeing a solution from the links included, perhaps there is none.  Whenever I attempt any of the steps recommended I either need my password or my recovery answer. 

It would be great if there was simply a phone number we can call and answer questions to authenticate us and allow us to reset our password or password recovery question.

Please use plain text.