Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Sothel2014
My Carrier: Entel

Forgot password + answer of recovery question

Want to download a new App but have forgotted password + the answer to the recovery question. How can I reset both?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Forgot password + answer of recovery question

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You did not say, so we must guess that you are asking about your BB ID credentials...there are other possibilities, but that sounds like the most likely. As such, this KB applies:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Lizzie97
My Carrier: Vodafone

I din't find this helpful as you need the current pasword, but what if you have forgotten you password? Is there anyway that Blackberry can send an email to my hotmail telling me what my password is fro my BB ID?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Lizzie97 wrote:

I din't find this helpful as you need the current pasword, but what if you have forgotten you password? Is there anyway that Blackberry can send an email to my hotmail telling me what my password is fro my BB ID?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you continue reading that KB, you will find this section:

Capture.JPG

That would seem to be exactly what you need. Is it not??

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.