Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Freezes

Excellent! Looks like two birds with one thread!

I've been posting solutions for quite a while. :smileyhappy:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
emiliowilde
My Device: Torch 9810, Torch 9800, Storm 9550, Curve 9300, Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIGO

Do not forget leave thumb up  for the member who posted the solution, have a nice day!

Regards from Your Friend Emilio Wilde
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

emiliowilde wrote:

Do not forget leave thumb up  for the member who posted the solution, have a nice day!

Thanks!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ralphsaperstein
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

When I recently updated Blackberry Desktop Manager it install a new operating system on my 9810: v7.1.0.507

The BB freezes once or twice/day.  This is much better than bettor I replaced the original OS.  My question is should I clear the BB and download the OS you prescribed previously?

Since I use a MAC, I'll have borrow a PC to load it.

Thanks,

Ralph

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emiliowilde
My Device: Torch 9810, Torch 9800, Storm 9550, Curve 9300, Curve 8520
My Carrier: TIGO

Hello My Friends

I try to restore to the proposed update but my Torch 9810 still freezes, BUT when I update the WhatsApp app to the latest version the bug just freezes one or two seconds, now I´m trying the latest version 7.1.0 1909 and the last 24 hours the device is working very Fine, with an surprise now I have the 2G, 3G/4G, 4G/3G-2G option instead of the 2, 3G, 3G/2G. And the best of all the 99% of time it works on 4G band :smileywink:

Good job BlackBerry!!!!

Regards from Your Friend Emilio Wilde
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neatpete
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: MTN

thank you for the information, however I have OS 7.1.0.714 which is newer ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

How much free memory do you have?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neatpete
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: MTN

Application - 107.4MB
Built in Media - 5.7 GB
Media Card - 3.0 GB
Please use plain text.
nwobadboy
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: cell c

Hi there my name is Andre and I hope some one can help me.

My 9320 is really annoying while I am typing it freeze then it shuts down, it reboots , some times when it goes to the reboot thing it reboots while it is busy going on, 

Most of the hated phones I ever had, wish BB will come do something to fix the problem.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I would do a clean OS reload on the device:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Please use plain text.