Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Crob
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Freezing!!

My Torch is freezing up for a few seconds at a time and a small black square appears mid screen, with a clock hand whirring round. Then it 'un-freezes' and continues to work in a normal way. Until it freezes again!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Freezing!!

Do you know how to clear memory loss? One way is pull battery, the other is to open Browser,click BB Menu, scroll down to options, click on that and scroll to the bottom, tik last two boxes, pushed content and download list. All the rest should be tiked, but Cookies. I never tik cookies,but that is a personal choice. Then at bottom is Clear Now,click it. Now go to options, (Wrench)  click on Security in list,then scroll down to Advanced Sec. last choice there and click it,then scroll down to Memory Cleaning. (there is a choice to add this to your home screen, which I have done myself. Click it and it will clear more of your memory. I also tik all the boxes in there. Idle time out I have at 30 minutes. Again your choice.

Report back if this helped any.

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Crob
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you. Took the battery out, blew away the dust, repalced it and it seems to have done the job!

Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for your help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Its like when a computer acts up,first thing to do is reboot. I have an free app from app world called quick pull. It simulates a battery pull. You can manually push the app or set it to pull the battery at a certain time of the day.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Please click solved and if you like the like button.
Please use plain text.